A holiday weekend like the Fourth of July brings much fun, but can also lead to disaster if the right precautions are not taken. Here are a few quick and helpful tips to stay safe and enjoy your holiday.
- Never hold lighted fireworks in your hands
- Never light fireworks indoors
- Keep fireworks away from houses and flammable material
- Never point or throw fireworks toward another person
- Only light one device at a time
- Maintain a safe distance after lighting a firework
Although sparklers are a simple and fun firework for kids to use, they can still be quite dangerous if not handled properly. Sparklers can quickly ignite clothing, and children have received severe burns from dropping sparklers on their feet. Sparkles are not advised to children under the age of five unless accompanied by an adult. Consider using safer alternatives, such as glow sticks, confetti poppers, or colored streamers for children when trying to celebrate safely this Fourth of July!